See? A big screen with lots of advertisements, just like in New York (only not as big).
This is a big fountain in Piccadilly Circus right across the street from the previous picture. The word "circus", as used here, comes from the Latin word for "circle" and refers to an open round space at a street junction.
So there are no elephants, clowns, or acrobats here. But there are lots of people, shops, and fancy things.
Like this store:
This is the overhang above the door for Fortnum & Mason's department store. Think Macy's, only a million times more expensive and a billion other kinds of things there. That shield-type thing on the left with the red is the Queen's crest. She shops here sometimes. Exciting, isn't it? She wasn't there when we were, though. Drat.
![]() | |
| The lights for the doorways were held up by bronze arms...kind of weird, but neat. |
This store has multiple levels. I felt like I was going to break something when I was in there because everything is beautiful and very expensive. They have everything from clothes to tea and jam to kitchenware to fish and vegetables...everything!
You know how much I like to show you English food. Here is something that I didn't actually see there, but a girl in my group took this picture and showed me later. Be prepared to be grossed out beyond belief.
Do you see the name? Antlix? There are ANTS IN THAT LOLLIPOP!!!!!!! (And the yellow one is a "fruity antlix"...as though a fruit flavor might mask the fact that there are ANTS IN THAT LOLLIPOP!!!!)
Dear English people,
You eat weird food.
Sincerely,
Miss Fink







No comments:
Post a Comment